- 1 What is a good Bible verse for someone who is dying?
- 2 What do you say to someone on hospice?
- 3 What is a good scripture for comfort?
- 4 What do you say to a terminally ill family member?
- 5 What is the last prayer before death?
- 6 What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
- 7 What should you not say to a dying person?
- 8 What to say to a dying loved one?
- 9 What do you say to someone who is seriously ill?
- 10 What God says about going through hard times?
- 11 What is the prayer of comfort?
- 12 What is an uplifting Bible verse?
- 13 What are the first signs of your body shutting down?
- 14 How do you comfort a sick family member?
- 15 What time of day do most hospice patients die?
What is a good Bible verse for someone who is dying?
Comforting Bible Verses For Death
When facing difficult times, the best feeling we can receive is comfort. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Psalm 34:18. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
What do you say to someone on hospice?
Other Things You Can Say
Also words like “forgive me” or “I forgive you,” provide an important emotional healing for the patient and the family. “Thank you for what you have meant to me,” and “I love you” are also treasured by hospice patients.
What is a good scripture for comfort?
Bible Quotes That Will Bring Comfort In Times of Grief Or Sadness
- Psalm 9:9. The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
- Psalm 18:2.
- Psalm 22:24.
- Psalm 23.
- Psalm 27:4-5.
- Psalm 30:5.
- Psalm 34:18.
- Psalm 37:39.
What do you say to a terminally ill family member?
Do say – “It’s good to see you.” Let them know you have been thinking of them. At a loss for words – It’s okay to say, “Mary, I don’t know what to say or do, but I am here and I care about you.” Listen – If the person talks about being anxious, listen quietly.
What is the last prayer before death?
“God, thank you for being with us right now. We confess that we don’t understand why things happen the way they do. We don’t understand why illness comes into our lives, but we do know that you walk every path of life with us. Remind Joe that you are walking with him right now.
What is the most beautiful Bible verse?
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
What should you not say to a dying person?
What not to say to someone who is dying
- Don’t ask ‘How are you?’
- Don’t just focus on their illness.
- Don’t make assumptions.
- Don’t describe them as ‘dying‘
- Don’t wait for them to ask.
What to say to a dying loved one?
Tips for Talking with Someone Who is Dying
- Tip # 1: Follow the dying person’s lead.
- Tip #2: If possible, be clear that you know the end is nearing.
- Tip #3: Deal with regrets by saying, “Please forgive me.”
- Tip #4: Free yourself of hard feelings by saying, “I forgive you.”
- Tip #5: Appreciate the person’s legacy by saying, “Thank you.”
What do you say to someone who is seriously ill?
DO say, “I really admire how you are handling this. I know it’s difficult.” A little sympathy and a compliment are almost always welcome. DO say, “It’s okay not to be the perfect sick person.” Patients can feel a lot of pressure to “be strong” “stay positive” or “fight hard”, even when they’re feeling sad and weak.
What God says about going through hard times?
Do not fear or be dismayed. Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. Isaiah 30:15 In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.
What is the prayer of comfort?
Please, dear Lord, be my strong fortress, my shelter in this storm. I lift my eyes to You because I know my help comes from You. I fix my eyes on You. Give me the strength to seek You, to trust in Your unfailing love and faithfulness.
What is an uplifting Bible verse?
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Jesus is our hope. When we hope and have faith in Him, He renews our strength.
What are the first signs of your body shutting down?
You may notice their:
- Eyes tear or glaze over.
- Pulse and heartbeat are irregular or hard to feel or hear.
- Body temperature drops.
- Skin on their knees, feet, and hands turns a mottled bluish-purple (often in the last 24 hours)
- Breathing is interrupted by gasping and slows until it stops entirely.
How do you comfort a sick family member?
Here are some more ideas.
- I hear you have an illness in your family, I’ll be thinking of you all.
- I know we never really talk, but I wanted to let you know I’m here.
- If you ever need a listening ear or want to grab a coffee, I’m around.
- I just wanted to let you know I’m praying for your family.
What time of day do most hospice patients die?
And particularly when you’re human, you are more likely to die in the late morning — around 11 a.m., specifically — than at any other time during the day.